Mar 7, 2019
Welcome to Episode 36 of the Rational Reminder Podcast. Today we
are going to roll out our new ETF model portfolios. This includes
only two new ETF’s compared to a couch potato type portfolio that
many of you might be familiar with. Nothing too revolutionary, but
it certainly makes a meaningful difference. In this episode we also
talk about asset location and review a couple of great podcasts
that we’ve been listening to that provide interesting tidbits for
investors, and some great information about the evolution of the
industry, and about working with the clients. So, for an incredible
conversation, be sure to join us!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Slicing up your portfolio for tax efficiency purposes.
- Controlling for pretax or after tax asset allocation.
- Optimal asset locations - highest yielding assets in tax free
- Having the same asset mix across all your portfolios &
forgetting asset location. [0:09:51.1]
- Intricate versus complex adaptive.
- The benefits of working with an adviser.
- Holding yourself accountable if you’re going at it alone.
- How it is much harder to find missed prices in the marketplace
even for an expert. [0:19:40.0]
- A history of the financial advice business and how it’s evolved
into what it is today. [0:21:29.0]
- Index investing and where people get their information from.
- ETF model portfolios that truly offer exposure to the factors.
- Why people should be thinking about small cap in value.
- And much more!